Smartphones have completely transformed the way people search for information or products. Today, people are more bent towards searching online using a search engine to find what they are looking for. This has created a need for business to strengthen their online presence and be visible to a greater audience.
SEO or Search Engine Optimisation helps businesses in adapting to the changes in Search Engines and ensure that their online presence is stable. The goal of SEO is to increase the traffic to their website and enhance their sales directly or indirectly.
While you can easily learn SEO by opting for an SEO course in Kolkata, there are some mistakes that even experts tend to make. These hinder the ranking of the website and must be avoided at all costs.
1. Wrong Choice of Keyword –Keywords form the backbone of SEO as they are used to match the query of the users to the websites offering a solution. There are two ways in which people tend to choose the wrong keyword:
To avoid these mistakes, one should conduct extensive research and analyse the search pattern well before choosing their keywords. Always opt for keywords that are precise and strong.
2. Stuffing the Keyword – One common mistake made by many digital marketers are using the keywords too many times in the articles. Though it might seem like having a higher concentration of the keyword would make the website rank better in search engines, the truth is on the contrary. Overusing the keywords can result in your website being treated as spam. So, you must be careful about the use of keywords and should stick to the general keyword density.
3. Posting Plagiarised Content – The quality of the content you post on your website is a key determining factor that will set you apart from your competitors. Today, search engines have advanced algorithms that can identify plagiarised content. This can result in the termination of your website from the search results. This is one of the worst and unethical mistakes that you can make. Always post good quality and original content on your website to drive the required traffic.
4. Posting content not related to the keyword – Simply inserting the keywords isn’t enough. When you post content that is irrelevant to the keyword, your content will not help the users and thus, will not be ranked. Search engines not only identify the keywords but also judge the quality of the content. So, you should always use keywords in good-quality, problem-solving content.
5. Others – Apart from these 4 major mistakes, people often make some other mistakes too. These include:
Avoiding these common mistakes will ensure that your website ranks well in search engine results. An SEO course in Kolkata can help you avoid these mistakes and learn SEO properly.Go Back